Coding in Minecraft is a computer science credential program with supporting curriculum, delivered through Minecraft: Education Edition and hosted on Azure.
Credentials & Curriculum Pathway
CTE / INDUSTRY
Starting July 2021 Coding in Minecraft is available at no additional cost to any public school in the State under agreement between Microsoft, Prodigy Learning and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
Schools have full unlimited access to all curriculum and credentials in the pathway and can take advantage of FREE Coding in Minecraft Teacher Professional Development taking place across the State from Fall 2021.
Why should you use Coding in Minecraft?
Close the Gap
- Engage young and diverse learners through Game-based learning
- Each course includes: curriculum, a Minecraft World, assessment and micro-credential
Develop Teacher Capacity
- Easy for teachers of all abilities to deliver
- Supported by comprehensive Professional Development
- Aligned to WA State CS standards, CSTA standards (US) and Ofqual regulated (UK)
- Provides a path to industry recognised certifications and further CTE courses
Comprehensive Teaching and Learning resources for all coding projects delivered on our custom Azure hosted platform.
All eligable schools in the State will be able to take part in FREE Educator Professional Development to kick start using Coding in Minecraft in your classroom.
Sign up below to get FREE licenses & Professional Development!
* These fields are required.
By submitting this form you are agreeing to share your name and school with our Partners (CCI Learning and NCCE) for reporting purposes.