Coding in Minecraft is a computer science credential program with supporting curriculum, delivered through Minecraft Education and hosted on Azure.
Credentials & Curriculum Pathway
CTE / INDUSTRY
Coding in Minecraft is now available at no cost to any middle school in the State of North Carolina under agreement between Microsoft, Prodigy Learning and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction.
Schools have full unlimited access to all curriculum and credentials in the pathway and can take advantage of FREE Coding in Minecraft Teacher Professional Development taking place virtually across the State.
Why should you use Coding in Minecraft?
Close the Gap
- Engage young and diverse learners through Game-based learning
- Each course includes: curriculum, a Minecraft World, assessment and micro-credential
Develop Teacher Capacity
- Easy for teachers of all abilities to deliver
- Supported by comprehensive Professional Development
- Aligned to NC State CS standards, CSTA standards (US) and Ofqual regulated (UK)
- Provides a path to industry recognised certifications and further CTE courses
Comprehensive Teaching and Learning resources for all coding projects delivered on our custom Azure hosted platform.
Optional one to three days of PD to cover getting started in Minecraft and an overview of each CS course.
Sign up below to get FREE licenses & Professional Development!
* These fields are required.