'Coding in Minecraft' is a computer science credential program with supporting curriculum, delivered through Minecraft Education and hosted on Azure.
Credentials & Curriculum Pathway
CTE / INDUSTRY
Why should you use Coding in Minecraft?
Close the Gap
- Engage young and diverse learners through Game-based learning
- Each course includes: curriculum, a Minecraft World, assessment and micro-credential
Develop Teacher Capacity
- Easy for teachers of all abilities to deliver
- Supported by comprehensive Professional Development
- Aligned to CSTA standards (US) and Ofqual regulated (UK)
- Provides a path to industry recognised certifications
The ISTE Seal serves as a mark of high-quality product design for solutions that enable and guide high-quality learning. As only one of two assessment tools approved in the launch group announced at ISTELive23, the ISTE Seal findings report praised the formative assessment mechanism used to assess student’s computer science skills and enabling educators to easily assess computer science no matter their computer science background.
e-Assessment Award Winner
‘Coding in Minecraft; won “Best Formative Assessment” at the 2021 international e-Assessment Association awards. The international e-Assessment Awards seek to showcase globally the very best practice, research and innovation in testing and assessment, where the use of technology has enabled transformation, improved outcomes and enhanced learning and teaching.
Comprehensive Teaching and Learning resources for all coding projects delivered on our custom Azure hosted platform.
Optional one to three days of PD to cover getting started in Minecraft and an overview of each CS course.
‘Coding in Minecraft’ Overview Video
Request more information and a free demo course